Robert Kett is proud to provide rich musical experiences and promotes a love and appreciation for music from across the world. Through the use of the Charanga scheme, Sing Up, whole class ensemble teaching, small group instrumental lessons, a variety of incredible clubs and by exploring cross curricular links within our whole school topics, children explore music collaboratively. Pupils will be enabled to explore their musical abilities and encouraged to develop their individuality and creativity when singing, playing, listening and composing. They will gain confidence to work independently, as well as in small groups and whole class settings.
Music at Robert Kett- Aims:
- To enable children to perform, listen to, review and evaluate music across a range of historical periods, genres, styles and traditions
- To support children to learn to sing and to use their voices confidently
- To develop children’s ability to create and compose music on their own and with others
- To provide the opportunity to learn a musical instrument
- To encourage the use of technology appropriately to compose, listen and record
- To provide the opportunity to progress to the next level of musical excellence
- To ensure children understand and explore how music is created, produced and communicated, including through the inter-related dimensions: pitch, duration, dynamics, tempo, timbre, texture, structure and appropriate musical notations.
Please click on each road map tile to see the music journey at Robert Kett Primary School